The Department is committed to improving its customer service experiences.
As part of the Department's ongoing commitment to improving its performance under SARA, key performance indicators (KPIs) have been developed to:
- drive the necessary cultural and organisational change to deliver a successful and efficient development assessment system
- provide a high level of transparency and ensure SARA is accountable to its customers
- inform ongoing and continual improvement to SARA processes and performance.
The KPIs focus on four core areas:
- customer satisfaction: to enable the Department to better understand its performance through our customer's expectations and experiences
- assessment timeframes: to ensure the Department's role in the statutory process under the repealed Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and the Pleanning Act 2016 is undertaken in an efficient way to avoid unnecessary delays
- information requests and further advice: to improve the department's conduct around how and when an information request is issued
- appeals: to reduce the need for an applicant to appeal a decision by improving the Department's processes and interactions throughout the development assessment process.
The department publishes its performance against the KPIs annually on this website and the 2015–16 report is now available. SARA’s performance against KPIs for previous financial years can be viewed in the below annual reports.
- Download the SARA key performance indicators and customer satisfaction survey: 2015–16 report ( 355 KB)
- Download the SARA key performance indicators and customer satisfaction survey: 2014–15 report ( 475 KB)
- Download the SARA key performance indicators and customer satisfaction survey: 2013–14 report ( 409 KB)
As part of SARA’s ongoing commitment to improving its service delivery and transparent performance monitoring under the Planning Act 2016 and Development Assessment Rules, the SARA KPIs been adopted for the 2017–18 financial year.
Download the SARA key performance indicators for 2017–18 ( 84 KB).