The newly published Economic Development Queensland Development Assessment Fees and Charges Schedule ( 594 KB) will apply to Priority Development Area (PDA) development application applications lodged from 1 July 2017.
The schedule sets out the fees and charges payable to EDQ for:
- assessing a PDA development application for any of the following:
- material change of use
- reconfiguring a lot
- operational work
- building work
- compliance assessment against a PDA development condition
- sealing of a plan of subdivision
- changing or withdrawing of a PDA development application
- changing or cancelling a PDA development approval
- extension of the currency period for a PDA development approval
- seeking to temporarily or permanently close a road
- considering a permit application for interfering with vegetation under a bylaw.
Part A of the schedule sets out the fees that are imposed to recover, in part, costs incurred by EDQ for processing and considering the application.
Part B of the schedule sets out the fees payable to EDQ to recover the costs of making and amending the relevant PDA development scheme.
The applicable assessment fee for a particular application is to be confirmed by an EDQ Development Assessment officer prior to payment.
Fees when a PDA is delegated to local government
Where responsibility for processing and considering a PDA development application has been delegated to a local government, the local government is responsible for setting the applicable fees. For information about the applicable fee, contact the relevant local government for the PDA.